PRIVACY AND COOKIES NOTICE
Last updated: March 18, 2022.
Dear beer lover, thank you for visiting our website.
Our commitment to protecting the privacy and the security of your personal information is as strong as our pledge to nurture and grow the products and services of tomorrow. Please take a moment to read this document that explains how we use your personal information and the choices you have.
This Privacy and Cookies Notice describes how ANHEUSER-BUSCH INBEV SA/NV, a company organized and existing under the laws of Belgium, having its registered office at Grote Markt 1, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, registered under company number VAT 0417.497.106 RPM Brussels and its Affiliates, as a company of the AB InBev (“ABI”) group, (“ABI”, “we”, “our” or “us”) collect, use, share, and otherwise process personal data (defined below) as controller about visitors to our website (the “Website”).
In this Privacy and Cookies Notice, "personal data" means information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information held by us) enables you to be identified as an individual or recognized directly or indirectly.
This Privacy and Cookies Notice is layered. If you are interested in a certain section, please open corresponding headline.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Depending on the purpose of the processing, we may need to process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Contact information: your personal details such as name, location, email address, online identifier (ID), date of birth and other information we may ask in connection with promotional offers, marketing activities or activities connected to purchases and product claims.
- Connection and/or browsing data that we collect by using cookies and similar tracking technologies as described under Section 8, such as device information, IP address, usage and location data. For more information see the cookies section.
- Additional information from other sources: information we receive from other sources, such as partners we jointly offer services with or from advertisers, about your interactions with them. We rely on the lawful basis for processing (which could be the consent you give to third parties) prior to us receiving that information for processing. Refer to the third-party privacy statements of each of the websites you interact with for further details of that party’s processing.
2. FOR WHICH PURPOSES DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION AND ON WHICH LEGAL BASIS?
Depending on the actions that you wish to perform on the Website and subject to applicable laws, we will process your personal data for the following purposes, as justified on the following legal bases:
To provide the Products and Services that you request, including potential agreements to resell products, sweepstakes, and loyalty and rewards programs.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of the performance of our contract consisting in lawfully providing the acquired products and services.
For analytics and statistics purposes, i.e., to understand the way you interact with our Website and thus be capable of introducing improvements by analysing, managing and improving the Website and our products and services (e.g.: by figuring out which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the websites), and by analysing preferences, interests, and purchases (e.g. understand our audience, reduce media waste, lift the sales, assess the brand health), and/or to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation.
We also use your data to build profiles by analysing the information about your online surfing, searching and buying behaviour and your interactions with our brand communications by building segments (creating groups that have certain common characteristics) and by placing your personal data in one or more segments.
Your personal data will be processed:
- based on your consent (following the selection of your cookie preferences in our cookie banner – see Section 8 below) and signing up for email newsletters from one of our brands;
- because the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests consisting in improving the user experience and our products and services in the best interest of the consumer.
To enable ABI and other relevant service providers to fulfil its legal obligations and protect its organisational rights. We may use your information as necessary in connection with corporate transactions or to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, safety, or property of ABI and our services’ providers, employees or agents, or other users and to comply with applicable law.
Your personal data will be processed because the processing is necessary:
- to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, to respond to authorities’ requests for disclosure of personal data, as required by applicable law, or to assess whether you are of legal age to use our products and services); or
- for the purposes of our legitimate interests in safeguarding our rights and our property and those of our service providers, employees, agents or users or in performing corporate transactions.
Notify you of special offers and other services that we believe may be of interest to you or to send you current mailings to provide you with advertisements, newsletters, emails and push notifications about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Your personal data will be processed based on your consent when required by applicable law. Depending on the applicable legal requirements, the processing may be based on other legal basis/ grounds, including, for example, ABI’s legitimate interest.
Share your personal data with third-party controllers and social media platforms for those platforms to match it with their database.
Use your data to serve adverts on social media or third-party websites/apps to people who visit our Platform, and merge third-party data from an external source with an existing database of first-party consumer data.
Your personal data will be processed based on your consent when required by applicable law. Depending on the applicable legal requirements, the processing may be based on other legal basis/ grounds, including, for example, ABI’s legitimate interest.
Where required under applicable law, we will also collect your express consent to any of the above-mentioned activities. Please see Section 5 for information about how to withdraw consent you have provided.
3. HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
For the purposes for which we collect your personal data and subject to the appropriate legal basis described under Section 2 above, we may disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
a) Business partners, affiliates and subsidiary companies of ABI, primarily for business and operational purposes.
b) Service providers: companies that provide services to ABI for the purposes of providing the Website and its products and services, including hosting, data storage, development, and technical support services. We adopt measures to ensure that these service providers will only process your personal in compliance with the applicable data protection laws.
c) Third parties connected with initiatives of the Website: entities that are involved in specific transactions such as making donations. These parties may have their own privacy policies.
d) ABI may share your personal data with other third parties:
- to comply with the law, regulatory requests, court orders, subpoena, or legal processes.
- to verify or enforce compliance with ABI’s policies and agreements; and
- to protect the rights, property or safety of ABI, its customers, visitors to this Website and/or the public.
e) Other parties in connection with corporate transactions such as a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, distribution agreements, or any other transaction that results in a change in control or ownership of ABI, in whole or in part.
Some of these recipients are located in territories outside the country where your personal data has been collected, including countries which might not be considered to offer a level of data protection comparable to that of the country where your data has been collected. In such cases, we inform you that, where required under applicable data protection law, we will transfer your data with adequate safeguards designed to keep your data safe and complying with the relevant privacy legislation. With our providers that process data on our behalf and as per our instructions, where legally required, we have Standard Contractual Clauses, as approved by the European Commission, the contents of which you may consult through the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/.
4. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
For personal data that we collect and process for the purposes outlined in Section 2, we will typically retain such personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil each of these purposes. Whenever your personal information is processed to comply with legal obligations, such retention periods may vary depending on the laws and regulations applicable in the countries in which we operate.
5. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Where applicable and under the conditions set forth under applicable data protection laws, you may have the following rights concerning the processing of your personal data:
- Confirmation and information. The right to request confirmation of the existence of the processing and to obtain information about the public or private entities with which ABI has shared your personal data.
- Access. The right to request information on the data we store concerning you as well as the purpose of storage and a copy of the personal data we are processing about you, and to request that we provide it to you in electronic form. At our discretion we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information. If you require multiple copies of your personal data, we may charge a reasonable administration fee.
- Rectification. The right to require that any incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we process about you is amended.
- Deletion. The right to request that we delete personal data that we process about you, unless we are required to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims. You may also have the right to request the anonymisation, blocking or deletion of unnecessary, excessive or non-conforming personal data.
- Restriction. The right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data where:
• you believe such data to be inaccurate;
• our processing is unlawful; or
• we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, but where we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not want us to delete it.
- Portability. The right to request that we transmit the personal data we hold in respect of you to another data controller, where this is:
• personal information which you have provided to us; and
• we are processing that data based on your consent or in order to perform our obligations under contract to you (such as to provide legal services).
- Objection: Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest, the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Withdrawing Consent: If you have consented to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. Consent withdrawal will have effects on future processing operations.
- Limitation or Opt-Out from Sales of Personal Data (CCPA). You may have the right to limit the use or disclosing of your personal data with third parties (“sales”).
Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection Regulator in your Country.
If you are in the EEA, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. Access a list of local data protection authorities in EEA countries. If you are in Brazil, you can contact the Brazilian Data Protection Authority here.
If you require further information in relation to your privacy rights or would like to exercise any of these rights, please also contact our data protection contact point (see Section 6).
6. WHO CAN YOU CONTACT IN CASE YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR REQUESTS? THE DATA PROTECTION CONTACT POINT
ABI has a data protection contact point available for you to submit your questions or requests relating to the processing of your personal data, including with regards to the rights applicable to you as data subject (see Section 5 above).
You can access this data protection contact point in our global “contact us” website (https://contactus.ab-inbev.com). Please select the typology “Contact Data Protection Officer” in the ContactUs Form.
If you are in the EEA, you can also contact our appointed data protection officer, FIRST PRIVACY GmbH, at: e-mail: email@example.com ; phone: +49 421 69663282.
If you are in Brazil, you can contact our appointed data protection officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For us to address your request in a more efficient manner, you may have to provide ABI with the minimum information, such as your name, e-mail address and your request details. Please be aware that ABI will require such information in order to process your request. Your personal details will be saved only so that we can respond to your request, and will be deleted when they are no longer necessary for the original purpose, unless there are legal requirements stipulating the retention of these data.
7. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by other websites, applications, or other services or by your mobile operating system operator, wireless carrier, or other similar providers. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites, applications and services you use.
8. DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS AND SIMILAR MECHANISMS
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them.
We activate tracking technologies on this site following your consent provided via the cookies banner. Please note that this consent will overwrite any general signal or blocker from your browser asking not to track. In case you would like to have more information on this topic, please see section 9.
9. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
9.1. What are cookies and similar tracking technologies?
Cookies are small pieces of data being placed on the hard drive of a visitor’s device. With the help of cookies, we can store information for a certain period of time and identify the user’s device. For a better user guidance and an individual representation of performance we use permanent cookies. We also use so-called session cookies which are automatically deleted once you close your browser. You can set your browser to inform you of the potential downloading of cookies, thus ensuring that the usage of cookies is transparent. The Website has different types of cookies as explained below.
On this Website we also use technologies that function similar to cookies such as local shared objects. These are small data files that enhance your web-browsing experience, for example, by allowing you to personalize the look a website that you frequently visit.
In case you would like to further understand more about these technologies, you can as well set your browser settings to inform you about the cookies or similar technologies downloaded to your device.
For “Strictly Necessary cookies” we are processing your personal data for our legitimate purposes explained below. With regards to “Performance Cookies”, “Functional Cookies” and “Targeting cookies”, we are processing your personal data based on your consent for the purposes explained below. Your consent is collected and registered following the selection of your cookie preferences in our cookie banner. In case you would like to change your cookies preferences, please go to “cookie settings” at the end of this Section.
9.2. Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the Website/App to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for Services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
*** • ***]
9.3. Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance, and some or all of the services from third party providers we have added to our pages may not function properly.
*** • ***]
9.4. Functional Cookies
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
*** • ***]
9.5. Targeting Cookies
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.
They do not directly collect/store personal information, but are may be able to identify your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
*** • ***]
Cookie Settings [include link to cookie preference centre]
9.6. Data Management Platforms
Your data may be collected and processed in our Data Management Platform (DMP) operated by Salesforce.com, Inc. Our purpose of using DMP is to ensure that you receive advertisements tailored to your interests in our websites and other sites that you visit. A DMP is an advertising technology that automatically creates audience segments to share the best of our campaigns. A DMP uses cookie and non-cookie technologies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect and record information about your web surfing activity including your activities on this website. DMP automatically analyses and categorizes data deriving from different sources, for example, other sites and from other beer lovers.
When required by the applicable data protection laws, we will only process your personal data for this purpose after you have provided us you consent. You will not suffer any detriment if you would like your data not to be send to one or all DMP providers. You can withdraw your consent on the cookie banner.
After you consent to this operation, our DMP will start processing your data and it will be shared with other parties such as publishers, marketing data providers and business partners. Salesforce.com Inc. is another data controller who carries out data processing upon whom we however have only limited influence. In case you would like to know more about this technology please review the information provided by the Salesforce.com, Inc. for further guidance: https://www.salesforce.com/products/marketing-cloud/sfmc/audience-studio-privacy/.
9.7. Customer Data Platform
Our website has in place a Customer Data Platform (CDP). Our purpose in using CDP is to ensure that you receive advertisement content tailored to your interests in our websites and also in external sites you visit. A CDP is an advertising technology that automatically creates audience segments to share the best of our campaigns with you and other beer lovers. Our CDP automatically analyses and categorizes data deriving from different sources, for example, other sites and other website users.
When required by the applicable data protection laws, we will only process your personal data for this purpose after you have provided us you consent. You will not suffer any detriment if you don't consent to this operation.
Once consent is provided, our CDP will start processing your data and it will be shared with other business partners of ARM Treasure Data using the same tool. The data controller for this operation is Treasure Data, Inc., so please keep in mind that AB InBev has no control over who your data is shared with as this is unilaterally determined by the CDP. As the technology of a CDP is very complex and various stakeholders are involved, in case you would like to know more about this operation please review the information provided by the Treasure Data, Inc. for further guidance: https://www.treasuredata.com/privacy/.
9.8. Social Media Plug-ins
We place various social media buttons on our website in the form of a plug-in. Following are the social media buttons used:
Please be aware that by visiting a website which integrates social media plugins, certain data (your current IP address, visited sites, the date and time the website etc.) is forwarded to these social media services even if you are not registered with these services. If you are already logged into the social media service when you click on the social media button, the social media service may also use this data to identify your username and possibly even your real name. We have no control over the extent, nature and purpose of such data processing by the social media service. Please note that the social media service is perfectly capable of using this data to create pseudonymised and even individualised user profiles.
You can find further information about data protection regarding social platforms on the privacy policies provided by the social media platforms.
9.9. Social Links
We place various social media buttons on our platform in the form of links. Please find below the social media buttons used in this website such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube.
We do only display a button on our platform and do not integrate any social media plugins. Personal data from you will only be transferred to the social media provider if you click on the button.
If you are already logged into the social media service when you click on the social media button, the social media service may also use this data to identify your user name and possibly even your real name. We have no control over the extent, nature and purpose of such data processing by the social media service. Please note that the social media service is perfectly capable of using this data to create pseudonymised and even individualised user profiles.
You can find further information about data protection regarding social platforms on the privacy policies provided by the social media platforms
9.10. Lookalike Audiences
We use different technologies to create look alike audiences on social media. We may share hashed portions of your personal data (mainly your name and other online identifiers, email address) with our marketing partners and publishers to provide you advertisement in accordance with your interests and/or those of like-minded consumers. For example, we may aggregate your email address together with the email addresses of others who registered to our marketing activities, locally hash such data, and transmit the resulting hashed data to Facebook or to other marketing partners for the purpose of creating "Lookalike Audiences" (where targeted ads are sent to people on Facebook who have similar characteristics to people on our customer list). We request your consent in order to create look-a-like audiences via email or the cookie banner. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please update your settings in the cookie banner.
9.11. Facebook Pixel
A Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that consists of a code that is installed on our Website. When you perform certain activities on our website, such as visiting a web page or buy a product, the Facebook pixel is triggered and will collect this information in the Facebook environment, if you are using Facebook. This technology allows us to provide users customised content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to our website. The Facebook pixel may collect personal data from you, including:
• Operating system used
• Type of website used, for example on mobile or desktop
• Type of client used, for example a browser or mail program
• Client’s screen resolution
• Time the website was visited
• Activities on the website during a session (when using multiple tracking pixels)
• IP address (provides information on the Internet Service Provider and location)
Your personal data will not be processed by any third party other than Facebook for this operation.
10. LOCATION DATA
We may collect and use information about the location of the device you are using to help us identify the country where you are located and (a) redirect you to the relevant Platform for your country; and (b) improve security of the Platform; and (c) comply with legal restrictions regarding the use of the Platform.
We adopt technical and organisational measures to protect your data as comprehensively as possible. In addition to the commitment of our employees to secrecy and a careful selection and monitoring of our service providers, we also secure our operating environment adequately. To protect your data against unwanted access, we use data encryption. Data collected from this website will be passed between your computer and our server and vice versa via the internet using data encryption in transit technology. If the connection is encrypted the 'lock' symbol on your browser status list will show as locked, and the address line will start with "https://". To have your data secured in transit, we use at least the TLS 1.2 standard (Transport Layer Encryption standard).
12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Apart from the content related to non-alcoholic beverage brands, we do only share the content of our Website/App with those who are of legal drinking age. Our Website/App and Services are not intended for individuals under the legal drinking age and take reasonable measure to block access to minors (e.g. age gate). If we learn that an individual under the legal drinking age has provided us with personal information, we will delete it. If you are under the legal drinking age and have entered this Platform by providing a false date of birth, you must immediately leave this Website.
13. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND SUPPLEMENTAL CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") requires us to provide additional privacy-related information to residents of California.
13.1 CCPA Disclosures
The section entitled "Data Collection: What information do we collect?” above (Section 1) lists the categories of personal information we have collected about California residents in the preceding 12 months. These categories of personal information correspond with the following categories of personal information provided under the CCPA:
- Identifiers including name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, username, IP address, email address and account name;
- Information that identifies or is capable of being associated with you including payment information, social media information;
- Information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet or another electronic network activity information;
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above reflecting your preferences and characteristics.
As described above in the section entitled "How do we share your information?” (Section 3), we also share and/or disclose your personal information as follows:
- Sharing your personal information for business purposes: we may share the following categories of your personal information with service providers, third parties, business partners, public or government (including enforcement) authorities, creditors, and successors for our business purposes: identifiers, information capable of being associated with you, information about products and services, internet or other electronic activity information (as described above), information related to job applicants (if submitted), and inferences drawn from information about you. As described above, examples of business purposes include performing transactions, registering accounts, managing our relationship with you, and monitoring for security threats and fraud.
- Sharing your personal information for commercial or other purposes: we may share the following categories of your personal information with third parties, business partners, and affiliates in a manner that constitutes a "sale" under California law: identifiers, information capable of being associated with you, information about products and services, internet or other electronic activity information (as described above), information related to job applicants (if submitted), and inferences drawn from information about you. This information may be shared for the following purposes: personalization, analytics, marketing, retargeting, and sales.
13.2. California Residents Privacy Rights
Subject to certain exceptions and qualifications, as a California resident, you have the right to: (i) request access to your personal information; (ii) request deletion of your personal information; (iii) request information about the personal information about you that we have "sold" (as such term is defined under California law) to third parties within the past 12 months; and (iv) opt-out of the "sale" of your personal information, as detailed above.
13.3. Do Not Sell My Information
To opt-out of the "sale" of your personal information as described in this section, click here.
13.4. Exercising Other California Consumer Rights
Should you wish to request the exercise of your other rights as detailed above with regard to your personal information, to the extent required by applicable law, we shall respond to your request to exercise your rights above upon your request submitted in to one of the options provided below in the "Contact Us" section.
We may need to take steps, including to request additional information from you, to verify your identity. Please indicate in your request that you are a California resident making a “California privacy rights” inquiry.
Where required by law, we may also ask you to expressly confirm your consent to the modified Privacy and Cookie Notice.
Thank you for visiting our Website.
©2022, Anheuser-Busch InBev